What was I thinking?


Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sunday...without the sun


It's pretty gray and gloomy out today. The forecast had called for sun and cool temperatures (high 60s) but all we've got thus far is the cool temperatures. With the very cool temperatures we've been having at night, the trees have begun to color in earnest. Time to think about winterizing again.
















I woke up this morning to find this. Yes, that's most of the soil from a plant that got knocked off the countertop last night. Now, given that I found Idgie laying IN one of the plants, nibbling on the greens, I'd have to say that it's a fair assumption that she's the culprit. Especially when the other cats have never bothered the plants. I told her she's damned lucky she's cute...

She and Simba were wound up like eight day clocks this morning. She'd chase him out of the bedroom, he'd chase her back in. He'd get up on the bed and swat at her while she buzzed by him. He's been a good big brother -- such a sweet love. They've brought a lot of smiles to us in the past week since we've had Idgie.

The vet, after examining her, seems to think that she's closer to 16 weeks than 10 weeks, because of the growth of new teeth. That probably explains why she's so lanky. I wish I could get her to stand still long enough to get a picture of her! LOL!

I haven't slept well the past couple of nights, partly because Lisa's been gone, partly because I've let the "kids" into our room, partly because my allergies have been bothering me, and partly because I can't seem to regulate my body temperature. I'm either too damned hot or too damned cold -- can't seem to get it in the middle. I was cold most of last night, where the night before I kept waking up sweating.

Joe and Taylor went out last night and celebrated Taylor's 21st birthday (which is officially today). He just got home about a half hour ago. Lately they've taken to spending the night together, either at our house or at her house. I think Taylor has mellowed a bit in the relationship and Joe really seems quite taken with her. I'm glad to see him with someone that he enjoys so much. They do a lot together, not just have sex. (Mom covering eyes, ears and screaming LALALALALA). They go to movies, dinner, pubs, concerts, and often just spend the evening in, watching a video or some program that they both like. They're good friends, and good companions. That's good.

The police caught "Bucky" Phillips. Here's what I don't get: The guy was in jail on a "minor parole violation" and was expected to be released within a week when he escaped. Why escape with such little time left? I don't get it. All I know is that I'm glad it's all over because a lot of people were victimized by this guy, directly or indirectly. First you have the families of the cops that he shot, one fatally. My heart goes out to those people. Then you have the people whose homes he broke into and cars he stole. Then you have the people that were ordered evacuated from their homes when it was suspected that he was in their area.

What I also don't get is some of his friends, prior to the shooting of the two cops in Chemung County, saying "It's not like anyone DIED." Give those people their signs....

Mary and I went to BJ's yesterday where I picked up a HP Photosmart 3210xi All-in-One printer/scanner/copier/fax for the new business. It's a sweet ride, I don't mind telling you. It's all color, all digital, and delivers an excellent quality document. I'm quite pleased with it, since we plan on doing our "catalog" ourselves initially. We're STILL waiting on the documentation for our merchant account so we can collect credit cards, and then we can open the online store. It's all set and ready to rock and roll, I just can't accept any PAYMENTS yet. We originally had a target start date of September 1st, but that's just not going to happen now, obviously.

Speaking of payments, Lisa got a check from the New York State Comptroller for just over $500 yesterday. What for, you ask? It was unclaimed funds. I check the sites frequently and have found $95 for myself, just under $600 for my brother, an unknown amount for my paternal grandmother, and now this for Lisa. Check the site and see if you have any money out there. And don't EVER pay anyone for this information -- it's free either at this site, or at each state's individual site (this site links you to those state sites). G'head! What are you waiting for? Happy Hunting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home