What was I thinking?


Monday, October 24, 2005

I "borrowed" this from Annie's blog because, as she says, the questions are cool and not all "foo foo" like the ones you normally get.

1. Name someone with the same birthday as you.

Monica Lewinsky, but I don't own a blue dress, nor do I spit or swallow.

2. Where was your first kiss?

In Denny Clark's car.

3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else's property?

Yes. My brother and I were about 10 or so and found this half-constructed building in a field we were playing in. We threw stones through the wallboard, but didn't have any real concept that what we were doing was wrong, would cost someone a lot of money, or even illegal. It was just fun at the time. My mother ended up having to pay the owner $500 for the damages.

4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?

Only playfully.

5. Have you ever sang in front of a large number of people?

Not solo, but I did sing in the concert choir in high school.

6. What's the first things you notice about the preferred sex?

I'm an eye person -- your lips and voice can say one thing, but your eyes truly express your feelings.

7. What really turns you on?

A razor sharp wit, beautiful eyes, and admittedly, I'm a boob hound. In my next life, I want to come back as a mammogram technician.

8. What do you order at Starbucks?

I had my first Starbucks coffee just this past weekend. I had a regular coffee. It was coffee, nothing more, nothing less.

9. What is your biggest mistake?

I suppose I could name things I've done, decisions I've made, or something similar, but I like the fact that, even the bad times in my life have shaped me into the person I am today. So, perhaps the biggest mistake I've ever made was in thinking anything I'd ever done in any part of my life was a mistake.

10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?

As a young girl, I used to cut myself with razor blades in order to desensitize myself to pain. Long story.

11. Say something totally random about yourself.

"Something totally random about yourself."

12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?

Nope

13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?

Hell yes! I recently purchased Robots and we just loved it. Some of my favorites are A Bug's Life, Antz, and Lion King.

14. Did you have braces?

No. My teeth weren't really important to my parents. As I got older, I guess I figured I was too old for them.

15. Are you comfortable with your height?

The only time I'm not comfortable with being 5'3" is when I have to get something out of a high cupboard that my almy 6' son put away. I've learned to just stand there and say "Need help" and he comes and reaches for me. Last year, for Christmas, Lisa bought me a step stool for the kitchen so I can be more "independent." hehe

16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?

Sign the divorce papers.


17. When do you know it's love?

You just *know*

18. Do you speak any other languages?

I know a little Japanese, a little French, a little Spanish, and some sign language (I can finger spell anything).

19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?

Yeah -- I used to go every February or so for the month, not for the tan, but more for the "light therapy." Here where I live, the winter months are so gloomy that many people experience SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). I used to go to the tanning bed in February (mid-winter) for about 10 minutes a pop, three times a week. That seemed to help a lot. I don't go any more -- haven't felt the need to in a long time.

20. What magazines do you read?

Gardening How-to, Girlfriend, Out, Time, and the bazillions of catalogs that arrive in my mailbox throughout the year. This time of year, the poor mailman must get a hernia lifting all that stuff.

21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?

Yes -- as part of a wedding party.

22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?

Really close to? No. I loved my grandmother dearly, and she passed away in 1979. I've been to quite a few funerals in my life, but I've never had to experience the tragedy of losing someone close. Don't want to, either.

23. Do you watch MTV?

Only if I'm into self-abuse for the time being. I loathe MTV and most of those music video channels.

24. What's something that really annoys you?

Arrogant people, drama queens, banking fees, aggressive drivers, cleaning rodent turds off my desk each morning, Chimpy, the alarm clock, homophobes, buffet Christians, politicians, people who wear white shoes after Labor Day.

25. What's something you really like?

Gardening, knitting, curling up on the couch with a good book, down time, any time I spend with Lisa, chatting with my son, grapes, surfing the web, my morning coffee, music, laughter.

26. Do you like Michael Jackson?

I think there's something wrong with a guy who wears one glove and sings Beat It. I think he's a sick-o.

27. Can you dance?

I do the pee-pee dance quite well, especially just after I sneeze. However, I can't dance to music and, frankly, never enjoyed it.

28. What's the latest you have ever stayed up?

Oh man, I've had some "all-nighters" in my life back when I was young and full of energy. These days I'm lucky to still be awake for the 11:00 news.

29. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?

No, but probably should have been. My last pregnancy, I was in labor for 45 minutes, and it was a 40 minute drive to the hospital. Suffice it to say that I delivered in less than 5 minutes after our arrival at the hospital.

30. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?

I guess it actually depends on who sends them and how interesting the questions are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home