What was I thinking?


Saturday, January 28, 2006

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Peace.

Normal.

Rest.

No trips to the southern tier this weekend. No plans to visit Bob and Wanda (they live an hour away, too). We went to bed last night around 11:00. I'd had a glass of wine and, with the new meds I'm on, it hit me hard. (I'm on an anti-seizure medication now, which is supposed to have some success in treating RLS...we'll see.) Anyway, we went to bed, Tigga curled up with Lisa on one side, me on the other, and Simba at our feet. Crashed and burned.

I woke up this morning, looked at the clock, and saw that it was 9:30. Shrugged my shoulders, snuggled up against Lisa's back, put my arm around her, and that was the last conscious thought I had until the phone rang. It was Mary next door, inviting herself over for coffee. It was 11:15. I'm usually up by 8:00, 9:00 at the latest on weekends. Clearly I'm exhausted. Or was.

We were going to go to the 1:00 matinee showing of Brokeback Mountain but just didn't feel like going out anywhere. It was a shame, really, that it was 50 degrees and sunny, and we stayed inside all day but that's what we felt like doing. We did some cleaning and rearranging of furniture, and have decided we're going to rent a couple of PPV's tonight (Fantastic Four and War of the Worlds). We're just in the mood for something that's not terribly intellectual and that we don't have to think too much through. *shrug*

I promised myself no phone calls today. None to Wanda. None to Le. None to father. None to daughters. None. Take a day off, Pat!

OK -- don't mind if I do!

5 Comments:

  • At 1/28/2006 8:52 PM, Blogger LC Scotty said…

    Hey you!

    Been a while, and apparently you've had quite a trying month or two. I don't have anything useful or constructive to say, but just know my thoughts are with you and your family. Hope all works out for the best.

    Scott

     
  • At 1/28/2006 9:31 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Ahhhh. Somehow, I feel more relaxed just from reading your post.

    I did the PPV thing last Sunday - saw War of the Worlds...just what I expected.

    I hope your tomorrow is just as nice. For myself - I plan to post my engagement ring on eBay. That should be cathartic.

    Jenn

     
  • At 1/30/2006 11:12 AM, Blogger Pat said…

    lc scotty, good to see you back! And thanks. Things will work out the way they work out, I guess.

     
  • At 1/30/2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Pat said…

    jenn, love the idea about posting the engagement ring on e-bay.

    What, exactly, did you expect from War of the Worlds? I thought the special effects were quite good, but to tell the truth, I'm not a Tom Cruise fan at all and, therefore, don't think I'm terribly objective about any movie he's in.

    It fit the bill for us -- mindless, no need to think, just watch and blink.

     
  • At 1/30/2006 10:02 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Nothing much - I expected nothing much. It was a time filler. Definitely hear you about the watch and blinkability of the movie. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home