What was I thinking?


Thursday, February 23, 2006

February Recess

Yep, that's what it's called -- February Recess. We went down on Sunday to get Vanessa and have had her all week. We spent Saturday with Bob and Wanda -- his cabinet-making sure paid off. It's too bad he's laid up for a while now, because their kitchen isn't complete yet. But look at how beautiful these cabinets are!














Monday I had a follow-up at the sleep clinic, so Vanessa accompanied me there (and took her knitting). After that we went to Joann's, and then grocery shopping. We had a good time in Joann's, and I picked up some yarn (chenille) to make Le a scarf.

Tuesday was our planned "turd" day. We watched Shark Tales (very cute), and knitted all day. I finished Le's scarf:













Yesterday we went to see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Admittedly, I thought I was going to be bored to tears for this one, but I found that I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was a great children's movie and, even for the "war" when the two armies clashed, you didn't see a single drop of blood, nor did you hear a single curse word throughout the entirety of the movie. Just good family entertainment. I found (at least in my opinion) that the young man who played Peter (William Mosely) resembled Heath Ledger enough that he could be his kid brother. The creatures were magnificent, too! Centaurs, unicorns, boggles, fauns, ettins, gnomes and hags -- they were very well done. I'm guessing they're mostly CGI (computer generated images). Aslan, the Lion, was the most magnificent of all. His size, his demeanor, even his kind and gentle voice make you fall in love with him, while at the same time you are in awe of his presence. I really did enjoy it!

Today we're going to watch the first two installments of Lord of the Rings -- Vanessa's never seen them. Then this afternoon, we're going to start tearing moldings off the walls and prepping the walls to be painted. Lisa and I are both VERY psyched about that. I have to remember to take before and after pictures.

Tomorrow Lisa is taking the day off to stay home and play with us. We're very likely going to go to the Strong Museum where the Toy Hall of Fame and other displays are. Should be fun!

Best to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home