What was I thinking?


Monday, February 06, 2006

Superbowl XL

The Pittsburgh Steelers are this year's "world" champions. They became only the third team ever to win five Superbowls. Also, we knew it was time to park "The Bus," and we're happy that he's going out a champion. But more than anything else, we're so very happy that Bill Cowher's perseverance and excellent coaching finally netted him the top reward. You couldn't help but have a small lump in your throat last night watching him tearfully kiss his wife and kids.

As a whole, the game wasn't all that exciting but the one moment, for me, that stands out is Randle El's 43 yard touchdown pass to Hines Ward. Lisa and I were, during the game, trying to decide who WE thought should be the MVP and we kept coming up with Hines Ward -- mainly because he was the only one on the Steelers team who had any notable numbers. He deserved the MVP award.

Other than that, I'd have to say that the commercials were more entertaining than the game itself.

I'd have to say that my favorite comedic one was "the streaker" -- Anheuser-Busch always has the best commercials, I think.



Honorable mention has to go to "touch football" though.



For technology or orchestration, I'd have to give it to Anheuser-Busch again for "the wave."



In the "really stupid yet funny" category I'd have to go with Sprint's "theft deterrent" commercial.



And finally, in the "absolutely stupid, not funny, just a waste of money" category is "kickass scarecrow" from the makers of Coca-Cola.



Well -- now that football season is over, I guess it's time to get some stuff done in the house. Please, may I have yet another stressor?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home