What was I thinking?


Monday, January 29, 2007

As soon as I figure out how to send sassy all this frickin' snow, I'm going to have it dumped right in front of her door (and all over her car -- so she can have that wonderful exercise you get cleaning that crap off your car). Perhaps I'll ball it all up and toss it at her as she comes out of the house.
We're supposed to get snow every single day this week, right on through to Sunday, with 1-3" accumulation each day.
I am sick to death of getting up early so that I can get to work on time, just because of the snow. It took more than two hours Friday to get from home, to the chiropractor, and back to work -- not arriving at work until 9:45. This morning it took twice the normal time as well. Friday was especially bad, though, with parts of the expressway closed due to "multiple crashes" and traffic either backed up waiting for the expressway to re-open, or traffic snarled and congested on the surface streets, from the people trying to bail out of the expressway and find an alternate route to work. I saw a couple of SUV's wipe out -- the first one was really going fast, lost control, made the second one swerve and they both wiped out. The first one came to rest listing to one side on a hilly part of the median. The second came to rest on the shoulder, facing in the right direction, as if he'd pulled over momentarily.

Assholes get what they deserve on those kinds of roads...

OK, I've had my temper tantrum, on to other things...


Filed under the "no huge surprise" category, it seems that 58% of Americans want Dubya's Presidency to just be over. My, how things have changed in the past two years when some of those voters thought he was the man to keep in the White House. Buyer's remorse.

Approval rating at 30%? According to Newsweek, the lowest rating for the President since they started keeping track of it.

Perhaps instead of stumping for a change to the Constitution to restrict the rights of same-sex couples, we should be looking toward an amendment that would allow the nation to UNelect a President who has lost favor with the country, through a "no-confidence" vote or something. Sort of like what they did in California with Governor Gray.

The world is more peaceful and more free under my leadership -- G.W.
Bush, White House, October 2003


We went down to see my Aunt Wanda for her birthday on Saturday. We had a nice, quiet visit, ordered Chinese food, had a wonderful dinner, and got home around 11:00. We slept in yesterday morning, until nearly 10:00.

Lisa applied some polyurothane to the little guy's chest that we're going to send his blanket in, and then we put new stain on two of my end tables (that I've had for 25+ years). They had scratches and nicks and bumps in them and, being that they're pine, they showed those imperfections really, really well. The new stain colored and hid many of those sins and, from just a few feet away, they look like new pieces of furniture.

I knocked out a quick cloth, for something small and fun to do. I did it in white. I'm not looking for any huge projects anytime soon, although I have promised Lisa I'd try to do a sweater.

We did a lot of picking up, weeding out, dusting, and just sort of low-keyed cleaning. I re-organized my knitting supplies, inventoried my yarn, put all the loose patterns in a binder, and collected up all of the stitch markers laying around and got them into a container.

Oh, sure, it's not nearly as exciting as sassy's pen adventure, but we just don't like living that close to the edge.


I'm back on the Provera again. Not only am I de-railed on my weight loss quest, but I'm so G.D. tired I can't stand it. The last time I went on the stuff, I gained 13 lbs. and have yet to lose it. I'd dropped 6 lbs. since the first of the year and, within two days of going back on the shit, I was back up 2 lbs. I'm back up to the original weight I started at the beginning of the month. No point in even trying to diet until I'm off the shit -- which will be the end of the week.

The idea is to force a period, since it's been 3 months again since I last had one. My GYN tells me that as long as there are eggs, I need to do this every 3 months or so, or run a risk of uterine cancer.

Not only do I gain weight, but I'm so frickin' tired I can't stand it. I feel like I haven't slept in years. I'm sluggish, dull-witted, and just generally drained. (Not like the dull-witted could be blamed on the Provera, though.)

We're going to the Home Depot Do-It-Herself Workshop tonight with my foster sister. I put on a crockpot of "white chili" and we'll have dinner early, then make our way to the Home Depot. We really needed to go yesterday for some stuff but decided to wait until after today, as we usually get 10% off coupons at these workshops. Hey, every little bit helps, eh?


4 Comments:

  • At 1/29/2007 10:14 PM, Blogger SassyFemme said…

    Totally giggling at you sending me the snow! Bring it on, baby!

    Actually, I'm tickled that we're supposed to get an inch or so tomorrow afternoon/evening. There's even a slight chance for some on the weekend!

    Too bad you're not living on the edge with those pens, let me tell you, it was one night to write about (badump-bom). :)

     
  • At 1/30/2007 8:39 AM, Blogger Monogram Queen said…

    Ooh can I get a snowball thrown at me too? I am so jealous.
    I not only fell off the weight-loss wagon, somebody drop kicked my ass off. Hope you get things straightened out and feel better soon Hon!

     
  • At 1/30/2007 10:40 AM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said…

    We're all different of course, but I've been on Provera for like 14 years now and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It has never made me sleepy, maybe if you stay on it for long enough that will wear off? I can always tell when it's almost time for my shot, I get a little grumpy...then I get my shot and I'm on top o the world again.

     
  • At 1/30/2007 10:26 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Girl stuff...bother. And in the snow...double bother.

    Chin up, lady....it'll get better. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home