What was I thinking?


Friday, May 12, 2006

Friday -- FINALLY!

Gosh, I so look forward to the weekends these days, that I'm wishing 5/7 of my life away. I've decided to start looking around for another job. At least it'll give me some sense of choice in my professional life.

Took Lisa out for dinner at Red Lobster last night, filled us both up with crab legs. We had gone to the Antique and Craft Co-op looking for something to put over our entry door, now that the entryway has been re-done. We found a beautiful twig/dried flower arrangement, and picked up some barn stars to put in other places. I decided spur-of-the-moment that Red Lobster would be a good choice because we just needed something special for us. So, call it a date, whatever. We had a really nice time. I so love having her all to myself!

Tomorrow, weather permitting, we'll go to Lisa's place of employment in the early AM and get some maintenance done, then come home and try to get Joe's waterbed installed for him, and hopefully get the stairs painted, get some laundry done, and the rugs vacuumed. Sunday we'll go down to Bob and Wanda's and hang out with them for a bit, go out to dinner, and just relax.

I stole a meme from Sandra's Blog:

Do you act your age?

More and more, I think, but not out of choice. However, people are genuinely surprised to find that I'm 50 years old and have 4 grandchildren, so maybe I don't...

Born on what day of the week?

Saturday

Click here to see what day of the week you were born.

Chore you hate?

Emptying the dishwasher. Cleaning the litter box. Cleaning up hairballs.

Essential makeup item?

Hands, lips, tongue and the occasional vibrator. *VEG*

Favorite actor? I can't name one. It depends what mood you're in, doesn't it (stole this answer, in part, from Sandra)?

Serious actor: Tom Hanks
Comedy: Sandra Bullock
Eye Candy: Sarah Shahi
Best Voice: Denzel Washington
Dead but still fabulous: Jessica Tandy

Gold or silver?

Silver!

Hometown?

Bath, New York

Instruments you play?

Knitting needles (nobody said it had to be musical, right?)

Job title?

Word Processing Supervisor

Favorite type of food:

Italian

Food you find disgusting:

Liver and asparagus. Can't get past the *gag* texture.

Living arrangements?

Me, my partner (spouse) and 23 year old son, along with an eclectic collection of cats. Simba (5), Cedar (7), Tigga (17). We live in a predominantly "Kodak" neighborhood, in a "split contemporary ranch" house, that has three full bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, two living rooms, and a family-room sized utility room.

Need?

Lisa.
Major lottery winnings, so I can do what *I* want to do every day.
My computer.
Coffee in the morning, wine in the evening.
Sunshine and mild temperatures.
Normal.


Overnight hospital stays?

Three kids, a tubiligation, and cholecystectomy (gall bladder removed).

Phobias?

Anything covering my face, anything poking at my face or head.

Quote you like? When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen....There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. -- Patrick Overton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home