Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Jenn tagged me to reveal some things that folks don't know about me. Hmmmm...I'm one of those types that self-discloses most of my life's events, so I'll see what I can come up with.
1. I was a "fashion model" when I was 5. I modeled flower girl dresses.
2. I went to Catholic school.
3. I am still terrified of nuns.
4. I ran away from home 3 times. When I was 9, 12, and 13.
5. I sank the game-winning shot in an intramural basketball game against an undefeated team when I was a junior in high school.
6. I hooked most of my senior year and still don't know how I graduated.
7. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 22.
8. I have been to 37 of the 50 states, including Alaska and Hawaii. I've also been to Guam (US possession).
9. I am extremely proficient in Morse Code.
10. I spent a total of 24 years affiliated with military service. 16 years active, 8 years reserve. During the active duty time, I held a TOP SECRET security clearance.
11. I have a double crown on my head -- once thought to be a sign of distinction. I passed this
along to my son. Fortunately, he likes a spikey sort of hairdo because that's about all you can have if you have a double crown and short hair.
12. I shoplifted a lot when I was an adolescent -- mostly Twizzlers.
13. I was third in my graduating class in the Army, for technical training school.
14. I played semi-pro softball for two years.
15. I still occasionally smoke weed.
16. I think I might be getting to the point where I drink too much.
17. I once had an affair with a married woman.
18. My greatest attribute, in my opinion, is the gift of introspection. My greatest curse (aside from menopause) is the gift of introspection.
19. After I divorced my first husband, I joined the Mormon Church. I'm queer, I drink coffee every morning and wine every night, I smoked, I cuss, and sometimes don't take showers on Sunday. Guess there's no question as to my continued membership in the church, eh?
That should do it for now.
How about you, Scotty? Michelle? Michele? Rodger?